The Ellipse table lamp has been produced since the beginning of the 1980’s.
In 2008 we proudly introduced the Ellipse II, our new version.
The appearance is different:
- The lamp is now equipped with an opalescent (white) triplex glass shade giving an improved light dispersion and indeed, a cosy gleam.
- Triplex glass is a 3-layer glass type, white glass on the surface, clear glass in the middle and white glass back on the inside.
Functionally the lamp has also been improved:
- A separate chimney giving improved light emission and combustion
- Filling her up with lamp oil has become much easier
- A rubber ring in the bottom secures a non-skid stand
- The lamp body parts are made of forged solid brass or stainless steel
- 6”’ circular burner
- Burning time approx. 11 hours
- The ellipse shaped lamp-base contains approx. 200ml
- Diameter of lamp base is ø100 mm
- Height 230 mm. Weight 1,35 kg
- Each lamp is handmade individually
- Only solid brass of highest quality is used
- Each Oil Lamp is numbered individually
- Each piece is mirror finish polished by hand and at the end
- Each piece is protected with a strong acrylic lacquer or chromium plating, and so, no need for polishing
- All glass shades and globes are handmade and hand etched
- All burners are circular to produce the brightest light
- Wicks are made of 100 per cent cotton
- Each lamp is packed individually to ensure safe shipment
- We lavish great care on every lamp!