Visit us at the Southampton Boatshow 13-22nd September 2019, Ocean Hall J312 Find out more
The Ellipse table lamp has been produced since the beginning of the 1980’s.
In 2008 we proudly introduced the Ellipse II, our new version.
The appearance is different:
- The lamp is now equipped with an opalescent (white) triplex glass shade giving an improved light dispersion and indeed, a cosy gleam.
- Triplex glass is a 3-layer glass type, white glass on the surface, clear glass in the middle and white glass back on the inside.
Functionally the lamp has also been improved:
- A separate chimney giving improved light emission and combustion
- Filling her up with lamp oil has become much easier
- A rubber ring in the bottom secures a non-skid stand
- The lamp body parts are made of forged solid brass or stainless steel
- 6”’ circular burner
- Burning time approx. 11 hours
- The ellipse shaped lamp-base contains approx. 200ml
- Diameter of lamp base is ø100 mm
- Height 230 mm. Weight 1,35 kg
- Each lamp is handmade individually
- Only solid brass of highest quality is used
- Each Oil Lamp is numbered individually
- Each piece is mirror finish polished by hand and at the end
- Each piece is protected with a strong acrylic lacquer or chromium plating, and so, no need for polishing
- All glass shades and globes are handmade and hand etched
- All burners are circular to produce the brightest light
- Wicks are made of 100 per cent cotton
- Each lamp is packed individually to ensure safe shipment
- We lavish great care on every lamp!